[LUAU] Wordpress upload password, but might be more of an apache issue?

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Sat Sep 2 23:31:36 PDT 2006

WordPress wants its upload directory to be world writable (not wild about
that) so I'm hoping to use something like .htaccess or similar commands in
the httpd.conf file to limit writing to those with a password, but still let
the world able to read the files.

So basically I want anyone to be able to see the posts and images in the
blog (text is no problem since that's mysql based) but the images are in an
upload directory that I want to password protect uploads, but still let
anyone see the images.

The only hint I've found so far is mod_rewrite, but that seems a bit heavy
handed.anyone got a suggestion?

/brian chee