[LUAU] Its time to simply ban Windoze machines from the Internet

Nakashima pnakashi at k12.hi.us
Sat Oct 21 22:06:07 PDT 2006

On Friday, October 20, 2006, at 10:27  AM, HawaiiDakine.com wrote:

> Nakashima wrote:
>> Would it be practical for the FOSS community to come up with a
>> stable, secure, "grandpa/grandma" computer system for users who just
>> want to do email and browse the web a bit?
>> --Peter

> Aloha!
>
> A FreeBSD desktop is what we use here just for that reason.
>
> Simple and RockSolid
>
> Al Plant - Honolulu, Hawaii

Cool!
So a FreeBSD desktop system can be made bullet proof?
I'm thinking the OS and Firefox and is all a basic user would need.
Web apps, like Gmail and Google Docs and Spreadsheets, would provide
storage and productivity.
Would the system be safer if it was all on a CD and there was no hard
drive?
Would you be able to make a CD based system fast enough for a basic
user?
--Peter