[LUAU] Fighting Nudity at the Ewa Beach Park

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Wed Oct 4 13:56:40 PDT 2006

Aloha All

With each firefox update of our K12LTSP lab at the park in Ewa Beach,
the proxy settings are overwritten.  Wilson Chan has so kindly shown how
to correct this, but a savvy kid can still edit his/her personal
preferences for a direct connection to the Internet.

I posted the following to the K12LTSP list earlier,

"I am needing to lock down firefox on a K12LTSP5 installation.  I wonder
if this

http://www.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2005-January/msg00580.html

is still the advised way?  It involves executing a script that Andy put
together.  It's been almost two years since it was posted, and I can't
google any newer methods."

Wilson is looking at the script referenced above.  I thought I would
kick this out to our larger braintrust, though, in case there were any
other innovations.  Your help would be most appreciated.

--scott