[LUAU] City of Dalian

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at hawaiilinux.us
Mon Mar 27 11:18:19 PST 2006

Saw a program last night which mentioned that the Chinese gov is
planning to spend $2B USD to develop a software park in Dalian.

Dalian has been known as the software outsourcing capital of China,
especially in providing software and IT services to Japanese companies.
Last year, its software outsourcing sales contributed about $500M USD to
Dalian's local economy.

One of my friends runs a call center in Dalian for companies doing
business in Japan.  As a former Japanese colony, Dalian has a large
population (numbering in hundreds of thousands) who speak fluent
Japanese, to such an amazing extent that calls from different areas are
routed to people who can speak with their particular accents.

I don't have much further info to contribute, but have been paying
attention to Dalian for quite some time.  Wayne