[LUAU] Ubuntu

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at hawaiilinux.us
Sat Jun 3 14:28:48 PDT 2006

"I just installed Ubuntu 6.06 and it was the nicest out-of-the-box
install experience I've ever had with Linux - real competition for the
folks at Apple. Thanks for the lovely piece of work! (Roller's date: Jun
02 2006, 04:36:43 PM PDT )"

I didn't say that, James Gosling did.  Of course no one will accuse St.
Gosling of being a used car salesman or a fraud or what have you.  But
in order to do MP3, DVD, and/or play movies, etc., you need to do
something extra.  Fortunately, there is a Python script that will do all
these, and more, in one simple batch process:

http://users.on.net/~goetz/EasyUbuntu/get.html

(Never thought I could install the nVidia driver while in X.)

Once you do that, it is quite difficult not to like Ubuntu.  I am still
having problems configuring SCIM.  Anyone cares to help?  Thanks.  Wayne