[LUAU] after e2fsck, system reverts to 2005

David Imai dimai at email.com
Thu Jul 20 23:44:24 PDT 2006

Thanks for the suggestions, Julian and Vince. It's a RAID-1 system after all. Using a live CD i was able to mount one of the hard drives and I saw that the 2006 files were still there.
Next I tried taking the hard drives and attaching them to a system running Ubuntu. I installed one as the secondary slave, and edited the /etc/fstab file. But when I tried to mount it, I got the message "/dev/hdd2 already mounted or /mnt/hdd2 busy." I tried attaching the other drive and got the same message.
I tried searching on the web and saw some refernces to evms and lvm.  Finally I found a suggestion to look at /dev/evms. I ran ls -la /dev/evms/md:
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root disk    100 2006-07-20 15:06 .
drwxr-xr-x 5 root root    140 2006-07-20 15:06 ..
brw-r----- 1 root disk 9,   0 2006-07-20 15:06 md0
brw-r----- 1 root disk 9,   1 2006-07-20 15:06 md1
brw-r----- 1 root disk 9, 255 2006-07-20 15:06 md255
After editing /etc/fstab i was able to mount md1 and copy the files I needed to another drive.