[LUAU] MS to EOL Win98 and WinMe - July 11

Julian Yap julian_yap at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 6 12:35:24 PDT 2006

--- Eric Hattemer <hattenator at imapmail.org> wrote:
> The only people who have it right are OSX and a few linux
> distributions.  OSX has no open ports by default.  Almost all
> Linux
> distributions have ssh enabled by default, which has had a few
> exploits.  I strongly believe that ALL open ports should be an
> opt-in
> policy and not an opt-out/firewall policy.

Ubuntu Linux ships with no open ports.  It doesn't even have SSH
Server installed.  It doesn't even have a 'root' user enabled by
default.

Fedora Linux during install only has the SSH enabled.  This is
presented to you during the firewall (enabled by default)
configuration window where you can choose to click on the
check-box for SSH and disable it.  Fedora also has SELinux
enabled by default.

~ Julian