[LUAU] LUAU history and more participation

Gary Sublett gsublett at gmsdigita.com
Tue Feb 28 19:39:43 PST 2006

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:18:53 -1000
Julian Yap <julian_yap at yahoo.com> wrote:

[snip]

> I have attempted to write up a LUAU history:
> http://www.hosef.org/wiki/LUAU_history
>
> Please add any comments/corrections to myself, this list or to the
> page's Discussion section.  Or better yet, edit the Wiki! :P  This
> should be backed up by evidence as I personally wanted to keep it free
> from hearsay as best I could.  I'd like to also add a picture of the
> MPLUG days but couldn't find one.

[snip]

>From the referenced LUAU_history:

"While not going on the record, it has been reported by a source that at
some point money had some adverse effect on the group, and the list and
LUG died."

In the spirit of wanting "to keep it free from hearsay as best I could"
what is the source and context of this entry in the history?  As you
might suspect, I believe the entry is hearsay, based on ignorance, and
should be removed.

--
Gary