[LUAU] Fw: Dual Mode Handsets, VoIP and the Home

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Mon Feb 27 11:39:36 PST 2006

Since so many folks were interested in VOIP and dual mode phones at the last open source pizza meeting....I thought I'd forward this tidbit from Motorola who has a line of dual mode phones with a home router to handle it.

Keep in mind that you MUST MUST MUST have a backend PBX that can handle the switch off's....Avaya has one, but asterisk doesn't on the open source side....on the commercial side there will be one fairly soon that is an asterisks gateway.

/brian chee

University of Hawai'i at Manoa
School of Ocean & Earth Science & Technology
Advanced Network Computing Lab
2525 Correa Road, HIG 500
Honolulu, HI  96822
808-956-5797 voice, 877-284-1934 fax