[LUAU] new display card needed

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Mon Feb 27 01:26:15 PST 2006

Eric Hattemer wrote:

> Jim Thompson wrote:
>

>>> Also, are you using the drivers that come with Xorg, or the ones
>>> from ATi's website?

After I re-installed Kubuntu (over Ubuntu), things started working at
1920x1200.

(And linux is again my main desktop, given that the PowerBook is down
again (yes, about a year later.  Thank Goodness for AppleCare, eh?)

My next quest is to get one of the old 17" 1280x1024 monitors going in a
multi-headed arrangement on this machine.  (The video card supports
dual-headed operation.)

I always wanted a dual-cpu, dual-headed three disk machine that I could
name Zaphod Beeblebrox.

Jim