[LUAU] Pics and news about the mythtv build

Jon Reynolds jonr at destar.net
Wed Feb 22 13:12:12 PST 2006

Matt Darnell wrote:

> The two things that did not work were the remote control and viewing the GUI
> on the TV.  We think that the TV out was at a resolution the TV could not
> handle.  I will be posting to the mythtv list to try to get some help.
> Weird that the remotes did not work, there is a choice in the remote section
> for the exact remote we had.

You never mention how you were trying to set up your remote or what type
of remote you have. I believe to get the tv-out to work you will have to
use 640x480 is the best a standard TV can do. So make sure you set your
xorg file.

> I think as long as you had a PIII 800MHz you will be OK.  You can get mythtv
> running on your regular box.

I run mine on a 733Mhz and 256MB of ram, that I would say is the bare
minimum. Anything less is a lesson in patience. :)

Jon