[LUAU] Good distros for Dell laptop?

Clifton Royston cliftonr at iandicomputing.com
Fri Feb 3 11:55:09 PST 2006

  So I bought a Dell 6000 at the end of December as my last minute
end-of-fiscal-year create-taxable-expenses item, since I really needed
a laptop, and now I'm looking to partition it and put a Linux distro on
half.  (I bought it with an 80GB drive to make sure I'd have room for
two OSes.)

  Are there any concrete differences which would make some distros
objectively better to use for laptop, any variability with regard to
ease of repartitioning, hardware support, APM, wireless support, etc.?
Or should I just pick any one that sounds good?

  Ubuntu seems to be getting a lot of mindshare, but of course so does
Fedora, so does SUSE...  I wouldn't object to buying a well-done
reasonably-priced distro, if it's concretely better than the
competition.

  -- Clifton

--
    Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr at iandicomputing.com / cliftonr at lava.net