[LUAU] Re: Putting the UG back in LUG

Matt Darnell mattdarnell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 10:35:12 PST 2006

On 2/2/06, Maddog <maddog at heavymetalradio.net> wrote:

> I'd be up for that Matt!
>
> I might not be able to make it a 4:00 but 5:00 would work for me as
> Saturdays are pretty tied up with the kids.

5:00 would be no problem....the fun will just be getting started

The Exchange replacement sounds
> particularly interesting. I'd love to see something like that which is
> also
> functional with Outlook and XP since that is what the users on my network
> have on their desktops. If it looks and acts like what I have now they'd
> never even know the difference.

 I think there are some projects on sourceforge.  we can take a look at them
before we start.  It would incorporate samba, ldap, etc.

Mythtv sounds like a winner too!

There are supposed to be plugins that let you:
drop in a DVD or CD and it rips the media so you wach it on other PC's on
the network
burn movies/music/pictures to DVD's to take on the road...apparently it will
automatically create the title screen with a menu
automatically download video podcasts (one of the things I am expecially
looking forward to...gotta have my rocketboom & tiki bar tv)
create slide shows to be displayed on the tv
download public domain content using bittorrent
i am sure there is more - cool stuff!

-Matt