[LUAU] Is Google going to create its own Linux distro?

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Wed Feb 1 09:18:53 PST 2006

> orkut (http://www.orkut.com/), on the other hand.  Who actually has an
> orkut account and uses it?  Then again, correct me if I'm wrong but
> isn't orkut the only Google site
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google_services_and_tools) built
> on ASP.net?

These things tend to take off in one community and not another.  I know
for a while the orkut community drew in a lot of technical types,
especially in the computer security sector.  Friendster has a big
following in the bay area, even amoung non-techies (well, as much as
there are "non-techies" in the bay area).  Seems like people in Hawaii
like MySpace.  Obviously people want to sign up to the social network
that all their friends are already on.

Personally, they all look like big information gathering utilities to
me.  Not sure what's so great about BBS's.  I already have teh email and
teh interweb.

Tim Newsham
http://www.lava.net/~newsham/