[LUAU] Is Google going to create its own Linux distro?

Julian Yap julian_yap at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 00:40:30 PST 2006

>From Chris DiBona, Open Source Program Manager @ Google:
"Goobuntu is our internal desktop distribution. It's awesome, but we're
not going to be releasing it. Unless you work here it wouldn't work
anyway. If you haven't tried ubuntu, you should, I have the regular one
running on my laptop and it really is fantastic. I'd say it was debian
done right if I wanted to start a debian flame war. Also, know that
Google getting into the Red Hat business would be kind of dumb, and it
would distract from our moon teleporter and cold fusion projects."

- http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=175746&cid=14609148