[LUAU] critique of old emails

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Sat Dec 23 02:18:58 PST 2006

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, Jim Thompson wrote:
[deleted examples of misinterpreation and disagreement for disagreement
sake]

Wow, I can't believe it.  An entire email that contains all of the
problems from previous emails.

After going through the whole post, I can basically break down the

1.  Misinterpretation.  This is where I use a word to describe an idea,
but you misinterpret that word and begin to respond to the misinterpreted
meaning.  Even if we had a valid disagreement, there's no way to have a
useful discussion because of this misinterpretaton.

2.  Exptrapolation.  This is where I make a statement that is very
specific about a subject matter.  You then extrapolate that statement.
This isn't a bad thing, because we sometimes need to read between the
lines. But you extrapolate to the point that it no longer represents what
I said.  At this point, we're not even discussing what I actually said,
we're discussing something that you've twisted beyond recognition.

And finally...

3.  Disagreementation.  I don't think this is a word, but I can't think of
a word to describe this behavior.  This is where I basically agree with
you on atopic.  But for some reason, you feel it necessary to repeat it
over and over.  And this isn't limited to the ownership of LUAU.  There
are other topics where you behave this way.  What's really weird is that,
you repeat the statements in such a way to connote a disagreement.

This is all very odd...

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org