[LUAU] s/hosef.ics.hawaii.edu/mirrors.hosef.org/g

Vince Hoang vince at litrium.com
Sat Dec 16 19:10:32 PST 2006

For mirrors.hosef.org, yes. For www.hosef.org, no.

> Personally, I'd rather have a Debian/Ubuntu .deb respository, a
> Fedora rpm repository, and a local CVSup tree for freebsd than
> a bunch of ISO images. (Does anyone install from the full ISO
> set any more?)

I personally agree with you, but folks on the list have tended to
ask more for ISOs than repository mirrors. Historically, it has
only been me and Scott that have consistently used the non-ISO
parts of the mirror.

The server currently only supports PATA. With you and Matt
chipping in for new disks, we would be moving from a 250GB
partial RAID1 file mirror to over a 600GB RAID1 file mirror.

With the additional space, more repositories can be added back.
CVSup for FreeBSD would be neat, but we need a working cvsup and
modula3 library for Debian.

> If we ever get the Kuokoa project off the ground, we're doing
> to need a repository for that.

A vserver was prepped a year ago, but probably needs to be rebuilt.

-Vince