[LUAU] s/hosef.ics.hawaii.edu/mirrors.hosef.org/g

Vince Hoang vince at litrium.com
Fri Dec 15 15:17:43 PST 2006

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 10:55:43AM -1000, Dave Burns wrote:
> * Should I replace my old repository/repositories with this one or just add
> it to the list?
> * Is there a gpg key somewhere?
> * Any other useful hints regarding how it is intended typically to be used?

I was a little quick in writing my note.

The ISOs for various releases have squeezed out most of the
updates, so Julian is correct, only updates for the Debian and
SuSE repositories are available. As the ISOs get larger, the SuSE
repository will drop, and finally Debian.

For apt, you can add mirrors.hosef.org as a target so apt-get
can multiplex the downloads. For yum/yast, you probably want to
single source from a larger mirror anyway.

You get any relevant gpg keys from the respective distribution.

I will pretty much mirror anything within reason that has a good
rsync upstream mirror. Perl's CPAN is mirrored. I have tried to
mirror ruby's gems, but the mirror masters and I disagree on the
replication method. Python's Cheese Shop should sneak its way in
once they start to need mirrors.

-Vince