[LUAU] Blighted Sun

Peter Besenbruch prb at lava.net
Tue Apr 18 11:38:42 PDT 2006

R. Scott Belford wrote:
> https://sgddemo.sun.com/
>
> Welcome to the Sun Secure Global Desktop demonstration server
>
> "... well, it was the demonstration server until it got mentioned on
> Slashdot - now it's only demonstrating how we didn't size it with this
> sort of load in mind.

Yes, Slashdot had a field day with this story. If and when they go live
with the real thing, they had better have a great deal more redundancy
built in to the system. Sun just gave an inadvertent demonstration of
the advantages of running software on your own computer. It's too bad,
though. Had they anticipated Slashdot and Digg getting ahold of the
story, they could have produced a very different PR outcome.

--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky