[LUAU] Two Upcoming Events

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Tue Apr 11 21:25:20 PDT 2006

We have two events coming up that may merit your attention.  The first
is Embrace Ewa and the second is a computer lab installation at a City
and County Park in Ewa Beach.

Embrace Ewa
Saturday April 15, 2006.  4-9 p.m.

This is an event held at James Campbell High School.  It is the first
annual, and it was started by the student body's President.  HOSEF likes
grass-roots movements, so we offered to donate two PIII computers as
door prizes.  We will also have a booth demonstrating our programs held
at the adjacent Boys and Girls Club.

Anyone is welcome to come out, have fun, and hang around the 'booth.'

Ewa Beach Computer Lab Install
Saturday May 6, 2006.  10 a.m.  (note, May 13th is being considered)

Last Summer a young man was almost beat to death in the parking lot of
the Ewa Beach City and County Park.  The horror was that all of our
elected Reps and Community leaders were just across the street in our
Neighborhood Board meeting.  I determined myself to do something.

A meeting with the C&C's esteemed CIO, Gordon Bruce, put me on the path
to approval.  Many months later, and I do mean many, like 8, our
proposed gifts of a Linux Edutainment Learning Center and Free Wireless
were accepted.  The install is set for Saturday May 6.

Anyone is welcome to help us prepare equipment prior to the install, to
join us on the day of the install, or to volunteer in the years after
the install.  We continue to meet Saturdays at the McKinley Community
School for Adults, so you can come by anytime to help or to learn how to
be an effective helper.

A big part of this gift is due to Jim Thompson and Netgate.  Jim has
been a model volunteer and pro-active contributor to HOSEF.  His
company's gift of the wireless hardware needed to cover part of the Ewa
Beach community will be forever appreciated.

--scott