[LUAU] a new use for hosef donations (used PCs)?

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at hawaiilinux.us
Sat Apr 8 13:15:15 PDT 2006

Julian Yap wrote:
> Wayne,
>
> Swing by McKinley sometime on Saturday.  We can have a chat/run
> through of Samba.We can install it on a spare donated machine.

My wife is out of town & that may give a window to do just that.

>  It's all pretty simple if you stick to the GUI utilities with
> RedHat distros.  Maybe there's a specialized Linux Samba Server
> distro?

I am probably old enough to be your grandpa, so please don't take my
words too seriously.  One of the key issues in Samba is to manually edit
the config file.  This is what I missed the most from John's week-long
seminar.  Not too often we have a world-renown expert come to the island
to give a face-to-face tutorial & I missed it.