[LUAU] Microsoft's Open Source web site

Matt Darnell mattdarnell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 19:51:04 PDT 2006

It looks legit.....

Here is an example post:

Dear Microsoft:

Before investigating Linux, would you guys please do the following so we can
testify of your good faith?

* Opening the Excel and Word binary formats
* Adapting the Open Document Format for Microsoft Word
* Fixing the Web Folders to be 100% compatible with existing standards (I
want to use webfolders on my php-based site!)
* Adopting the ext2 and ext3 (and reiser if possible) file systems for
Windows XP and Vista
* Releasing the Internet Explorer sourcecode (including but not limited to
the extensions like XML and XSLT handling) under the GPL
* Supporting the w3c standards in Internet Explorer - for this we web
designers have had to endure constant headaches.
* Promise not to file any patent suits against Open Source programmers and
companies
* Stop the "embrace and extend" business please...

Also, there's something I have against Microsoft. For years I've found bugs
in various of your products but me, as a mere mortal user have found no
means to contact you. Please adopt collaboration tools like Sourceforge -
trust me, they're great.

P.S. If you could get Steve out of the company and put MiniMSFT in his
place, I'd be delighted :D

Thanks!