[LUAU] Macromedia flash in Firefox under Debian

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Sat Oct 29 16:45:30 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I've spent over a day googling for a solution and I can't find one. I
installed the nonfree macromedia flash plugin for Mozilla-firefox, but
there's no sound.  I'm using ALSA and installed the OSS emulation kernel
module.  I can play CD's and mp3 files fine (even using /dev/dsp).  So I
don't think it's my setup.  The plugin seems to be installed correctly,
since I can play swf files from the web.  It's possible that all of those
swf files don't have audio in them.  Does anyone have a pointer to an swf
file to test with?  Anyone else tried macromedia flash plugin in Firefox?

Note, I'm using the Debian testing distribution.  libflash (GPL Flash)
isn't available for this distribution.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org