[LUAU] FOSS Instructors Needed

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Sat Oct 8 11:40:06 PDT 2005

Aloha

HOSEF has a mission to promote and sustain the use of Free and Open
Source Software.  In partnership with the McKinley Community School for
Adults, we are able to offer a comprehensive array of courses on
Saturdays.  We are looking for people to provide FOSS instruction in the
following areas:

eWaste Workshop

A weekly workshop that guides attendees through the steps HOSEF takes to
receive, test, repair, and deploy eWaste.  You need to know hardware.
The best way to understand if you could do this would be to attend one
of my own workshops on Saturdays.

K12LTSP How-To

A weekly or bi-weekly class that takes attendees through an installation
of the K12LTSP, adding users, adding a printer, and installing updates.
  You need some familiarity with Linux and the K12LTSP.  I can teach you
what you don't know.

Family and Adult Computer Literacy

Using FOSS apps like Open Office and a Linux Desktop, we need folks to
teach adults and youth/adult combos the basics of Computer Literacy
including Internet hygiene and office suite skills.  The curricula is
informal and heavily dependent on the level of your attendees.

Any and All FOSS Workshops/Classes

MySQL, Apache, PHP, Linux, C++, Postgresql, Intrusion Detection,
Security tips, etc. etc. etc.

The deal is this: you will be paid as a part time teacher.  If you have
at least two years of college, are qualified, and willing to undergo a
fingerprint based background check, please contact me.  We need you to
share your knowledge and earn money at the same time.

--scott

--
R. Scott Belford
Founder/Executive Director