[LUAU] Re: StarBasic (Was: Hosef)

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Thu Nov 10 14:12:12 PST 2005

On Thursday 10 November 2005 11:42 am, Hawaii Linux Institute wrote:
> "StarBasic"
>
> Just in case anyone is interested, you can download a copy of the user
> manual (in pdf) below:
>
> http://www.eiu.edu/~itshelp/software/staroffice8/StarOffice_Basic_Guide_en-
>US.PDF
>
> Or if you prefer an on-line tutorial:
>
> http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-0439
>
> For more advanced OOo/StarOffice macros programming skills, you can read
> "Openoffice.org Macros Explained" by Andrew Pitonyak:
>
> http://www.pitonyak.org/book/
>
> StarBasic is very easy to learn, but to do the things the right way, it
> requires a lot of interactions with the intended users.  We are
> desperately in need of helpers.  Mahalo.  Wayne

Thanks for the info and resources, Wayne.  This is helpful.  I know that in my
Business Undergraduate, the process of building spreadsheets for decision
analysis was very akin to programming.  This made quite an impression on me;
I'll work a bit harder to have our schools appreciate the value of this
knowledge.

--scott