[LUAU] MythTV on Fedora

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Mon May 30 11:01:46 PDT 2005

Aloha all, I am interested in testing out MPEG-2 encoder/decoder and/or
pcHDTV tuner cards (such as Hauppauge PVR-250 / PVR-350) on the CentOS
machina at McKinley.  At the present time, it appears that the best
package for this is the MythTV project:

http://www.mythtv.org/

(There are live MythTV CDs for turning your PC into a TiVo-like machine,
but I am interested in installing the MythTV into Fedora Core.)  I am
wondering if anyone ever used the Hauppauge card hands-on, especially
the ones with a coaxial-to-USB 2.0 connection?  Anyway, if you are
interested, please contact Michael or hop in this Saturday.  Mahalo.  Wayne

--

W. Wayne Liauh, Ph.D., J.D.
Attorney and Counselor at Law