[LUAU] boot loaders and XP

Benjamin Kinsey hosef at punacomputer.com
Wed May 25 16:46:19 PDT 2005

If you  need to resize your xp partition, I've used the mandrake 10.1
installer and it worked great.  For those interested in multibooting,
including resizing and cloning a bootable xp partition, you can see one
technique i've outlined in a usenet post here:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_frm/thread/a17ea7f6a4f3721f/d89809342b21602f

The bootloader I use is LILO from a Mandrake partition... For some
reason, I've had better luck connecting to diverse distros and OS's with
LILO, even though GRUB is supposed to be more advanced.

All of this tinkering and experimenting took me many hours, so good luck.

--Benjamin