[LUAU] Solaris_x86 "Demo" @ McKinley

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Fri May 6 01:39:02 PDT 2005

Aloha all- An arrangement has been made to have a Solaris 10 system (on
an Athlon64 machine) domiciled at Michael's lab.  I  will bring this
machine over this Saturday.  If any of our local Solaris experts could
be gracious enough to show me a trick or two, mahalo in advance.

At the present time, I am unable to install Solaris into a logical
(extended) partition.  A couple of SUN engineers are working on the GRUB
& ACPI issues relating to Solaris.  Sun expects to open source most of
the Solaris code by end of June.  By that time, these installations
issues should be solved.

Michael & I will also try to install and run WordPerfect 11 on a Linux
partition of the same machine via Codeweavers WINE.   Of course, I fully
believe the future belongs to OpenOffice.org/StarOffice, but WordPerfect
is still the primary Windows software on quite a few state government
machines.

--

W. Wayne Liauh, Ph.D., J.D.
Attorney and Counselor at Law