[LUAU] Relative Newbie Questions

Jacques L. Yerby muho at well.com
Wed Mar 30 16:26:22 PST 2005

Aloha Y'all,

Years ago I installed a Slackware by hand on a PC so I thought I knew
what I was doing.  That was back when X-Windows was relatively new and I
was pretty much running command line only.

Q1: What utility can I use to find out where the bulk of my files are?
I'm running out of room and have created some bigger ext2 partitions and
want to map the larger stuff over there.

Q2: Is there an easy way just to move my stuff to the new partition, so
that the system will appear the same.  I think I can do this manually
with editing of /etc/fstab, but...

Q3: I'm having some startup problems with KDE.  It's a real slow
startup.  I don't have this problem with Gnome.  (I have multiple
windowing systems installed.)

Q4: Is an NTFS partition WRITEABLE from Linux?  All of my Win partitions
are automatically mounted as RO.  I don't want to screw around with this
until I know more.  (I'd like the capability of copying back & forth.)

P.S. Once again, at the mercy of my landlord I have to move.  I'd prefer
to stay out here on the N. Shore but if anybody sees anything nice
<$1000 I'd appreciate knowing about it.  I'm a retiree and can't really
afford much more than that.
--
Jacques L. Yerby <muho at well.com>
Dada Processing