[LUAU] pthreads signaling question

Charles Lockhart lockhart at IfA.Hawaii.Edu
Thu Mar 10 18:01:39 PST 2005

I just upgraded a RH9 box to FC1.  I then rebuilt a multi-threaded
program and tried to run it, but found some behaviors that don't make
sense to me.  One of the threads sleeps on a conditional wait (
pthread_cond_wait(&my_cond, &my_mutex)), and when a different thread
calls pthread_cond_broadcast(&my_cond), I kind of expect the first
thread to wake it's shiny smiling face and do some work.  But it
doesn't.  Shouldn't it?  It used to.

I have found some references to bugs in RH9 of people  running into
"stalls" with similar stuff, but that never happened to me on RH9, so I
figured it ought to work on FC1 as well.

Any info?  Can anyone confirm or deny that I'm doing something goofy?  I
didn't really change anything, so if there's some other library I'm
supposed to link to or something, please lemme know.  Or for anything
else too.

Thanks in advance,

-Charles