[LUAU] Email & Proxy Server question

Rodney Kanno pepe65 at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Mar 7 21:50:28 PST 2005

I have a Windows network with one Linux box. I am testing the the Linux
machine as a proxy server (squid) / ad blocker (privoxy). I have a
Windows box set-up so that the gateway is pointing to the Linux box. On
the Windows machine, the Internet as well as the local network works as
expected. What doesn't work is the email. On the Linux box, I have the
ports for POP3 and SMTP open but still not able to send or receive email
from and email program on the Windows box. I keep getting an "operation
timed out" error message. I did a google search and found other people
had similar problems, but could not find any solutions. Can anyone point
me in the right direction or shed some light on this problem? Thanks!

Rodney