[LUAU] Moving Equipment Plan for Tomorrow

Michael Bishop michael at michaelsplace.net
Thu Jun 16 02:50:53 PDT 2005

Here is the plan. However, it is contingent on everyone who is involved
agreeing to it. So far Ben and Bully are on board, but I need Thomas
Burns and Jim Thompson to give me a call so we can firm up the plan,
429-3030.

Ben Timmerman, Thomas Burns, Bully and myself will meet tomorrow at 9am
at the UH POST Bldg and load everything into Ben's Van.  We'll all go
and drop off the black rack and HP Server at McKinley. Then drop off
the beige rack at Charter School. Bully and I will stay at the Charter
School and move it into place. Which will probably take a few hours
since moving of furniture will be needed. Ben and Thomas will continue
on to Hickam to grab large 16 monitors to be paired with the 16
computers from UH. From there head to Hahaione Elem and drop off the
computers and monitors.

Those monitors consist of extra-heavy back-breaking Sony 19 and 21 inch
monitors and some Dell monitors which I think are 17 inches. I think it
best if 2 people move the monitors, especially the 21 inch ones. If
Thomas cannot make the whole ride, he could stop with us downtown at the
Charter School and we can take him back to UH. If that is the case,
then perhaps Jim Thompson will be able to help out. Jim would you be
able to help Ben at Hickam and then out at Hahaione?

The monitors will be available after 11pm, Jeff Zidek must be called
first before heading onto Hickam AFB. I'll give Ben the numbers.
Paperwork needs to be taken with the monitors to be signed by the tech
coordinator at Hahaione and returned to Jeff. Sending it back by mail
is probably the simplest way to do it.

Who will work with Calvin to move the 20 computers from New Horizons to
McKinley? Calvin, when can we pick them up and who do we need to
contact?

There is no rush on moving the P3s except that we need space at
McKinley. I figure that on Saturday Scott can take the P3s in his truck
after the LTSP class at McKinley. Scott, do you need help moving the
P3s out to Ewa?

Thank you to all who have stepped forward to help get another K12LTSP lab built.

Michael
429-3030

UH - Brian Chee
 - 16 computers -> Hahaione Elem
(http://165.248.6.166/data/school.asp?schoolcode=108)
 - Beige Rack -> Charter School (1111 Bishop Street Ste. 516)
 - Black Rack -> McKinley Storage
 - HP Server -> McKinley Storage
Calvin - New Horizons (Ala Moana) - 20 Thin Computers -> McKinley
Hickam AFB - ~20 19-21" monitors -> Hahaione Elem
(http://165.248.6.166/data/school.asp?schoolcode=108)
McKinley - ~20 P3 Dells -> Scott's Garage (Ewa Beach)