[LUAU] China Developing Own "Linux SysAdm" Exam

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Mon Jun 13 11:22:17 PDT 2005

Aloha all, Officials of China's Guangdong Province revealed that it is
in the process of developing China's first "Linux System Administrator's
Certification" Exam. The first such certification exam will be held in
September this year:

http://it.sohu.com/20050611/n240104457.shtml

or

http://linux.chinaunix.net/news/info/2005-06-13/1712.shtml

Chinese officials believe that between 2005 and 2009, Linux will grow at
a compounded rate of 43.1% per annum, and eventually will need 1.2
million Linux engineers.

Guangdong province officials also indicated that matters relating to
certification standards (鉴定标准)、test questions bank (鉴定题库)、
teaching materials (配套教材), and certification mechanism (考试系统),
etc., will be announced in the near future.

I understand that most LUAU members speak only one language, and this is
indeed largely a non-issue. However, I intend to follow up, & if I
forget to do so, someone please remind me. Thanx. Wayne