[LUAU] demo at McKinley (was: MythTV on Fedora)

Michael Bishop michael at michaelsplace.net
Sat Jun 4 12:14:38 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 22:56 -1000, Vince Hoang wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 10:09:11AM -1000, Hawaii Linux Institute wrote:
> > I will remove the demo from McKinley this week but as far as
> > LUAU is concerned
>
> Unless Michael wants it removed, I would keep it at McKinley.

I allowed Wayne to come in and play during the same time as HOSEF.
People came to see what he was doing. But it interfered with other
previously scheduled items. I was lax in creating a time for this
activity as I had been asked to. As such, this has become so much more
of a conflict and issue then is shown on the list. So as of today it
will be removed.

McKinley was opened by me to allow HOSEF a place to meet, work and play.
In return HOSEF has provided McKinley with at least 30 computers to
create a good lab. While McKinley students use to learn English and for
HOSEF to use for classes and activities.

For those that don't know, I was hit by a car in February while riding
my bicycle. Since then I've been re-evaluating my life and have begun to
restructure it. This has been a very difficult time for me and has
interfered with my effectiveness.

So for at least the next month I won't be hosting anything at McKinley.
Once I am more effective in my everyday issues, then I will be back to
hosting classes and activities. One of the classes I am looking forward
to is a structured LPI class that I hope to start next month. We'll have
a good book, good instructors and a set start and end time. The class
will be about 2.5 months long.

I hope this clarifies the issues and helps to answer any questions that
may have been raised by my silence.

Michael