[LUAU] Intel Doubles Down on Linux

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Wed Jul 27 00:47:36 PDT 2005

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Jim Thompson wrote:
>However, the protocol,  the thing that defines X11, unfortunately, is
>broken for many interesting imaging applications.   This was really
>to survive, I'm afraid we'll need X12 (a protocol rev) built around
>new graphics primitives.

I think Wayne's point is that X.org is providing a 'good enough' solution
for the majority of its users.  And it is improving at an acceptable rate.
When I say majority, I'm talking about those who are just looking for a
good web browser, mail user agent and word processor.  Most of these
people don't need a wiz-bang render engine.

For the things that X is good at, it's doing a fine job.  There are always
room for improvements, and when those improvements arrive, the group that
brought it about should be praised.  I think, ultimately, that's what
Wayne was trying to do.  And isn't that the FOSS way?

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org