[LUAU] Meetings for beginners

Vince Hoang vince at litrium.com
Fri Jan 21 18:06:50 PST 2005

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 08:29:13AM -1000, Takemoto, Ken wrote:
> I'm a beginner too, reading my second book on the subject but
> not yet actually installed and used Linux. Installation and
> practice for me is within the next month or so. I'd like to
> attend meetings also, to help me along in the learning.

No need to finish your second book before installing. Go right
ahead and perform an installation on a spare system. You will see
that you will learn a lot more if you have a live system to toy
around with while the books guide you along.

Your message caught me by suprise because more often that not,
people will install Linux and not do any reading. The theory and
practice are _both_ vital elements to learning.

-Vince