[LUAU] off topic: performance question

Charles Lockhart lockhart at IfA.Hawaii.Edu
Thu Jan 20 13:47:30 PST 2005

Hiya,

quick question to anyone who has the interest to answer:
We ordered a NAS, raid 5 system based on 3ware dual opteron (1.8Ghz)
boxes running RH7.3 and CyberNAS software.  We ordered 20 SATA 250GB
drives with 16MB caches for it.  What we got was 20 SATA 250GB drives
with 8MB caches.  And we're trying to figure out if the impact on
throughput is worth several months of waiting for the other drives to
come in, and possibly having to pay out a bit more money.

I don't have any experience with this, was wondering if anyone on LUAU
has a reccomendation?

Thanks in advance,

-Charles