[LUAU] k12ltsp desktop

Ted Kanemori ted at hisurf.com
Fri Feb 11 17:06:54 PST 2005

I'm sorry if I was unclear.
The client desktop (by default) has only 4 icons.
"Home for the user", "Trash", "Floppy Access", and "Start Here"
Some kids have been deleting some of these icons(including "Floppy Access").
The "reset-default-desktop" command will restore the home, trash, start here
and reset the background to the "default" background.
It doesn't restore the Floppy Access icon to the user desktop( at least, on
the system that I'm using).  Floppy Access is what the kids use to back up
their files so it's important.
Right now, to reset the desktop, I need to delete the user and add him back
again. It's the fastest way, except that the user home folder is emptied
out, unless we copy the data from the old folder, and back to the new
folder.
HumBug.
As for "pushing" the icon out from the server, I don't have a Floppy Access
icon on the server desktop. Should I?
It would be easier if I could get the script to restore the icon along with
the other icons.

Ted