[LUAU] Debian lpd print filters "HPIJ" does anyone got advice?

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Wed Feb 9 18:51:03 PST 2005

Thanks.....seems I wuz searching for the wrong name....it's hpijs not
hpij....apt-get solved it for us....rpmfind.net wasn't helpful in this case.
Should have thought of apt-get in the first place...

So the solution seems to be:
"apt-get install hpijs"

and this will ONLY install the HP InkJet and LaserJet subsystem and
filters...whereas the packages on the kde and debian site had the kitchen
sink in them...

This jumping through hoops is only necessary since the person that owns this
laptop can't support her own system and has moved from the mainland ivy
league to UH and her machine has been VERY customized...kinda scary how much
stuff has been removed or moved....so rpms are making me hesitate.

P.S. sorry for being a bit verbose...while most of this stuff is second
nature to some, others might not have run into this kind of thing
yet...better to share.

/brian chee

University of Hawaii ICS Dept
Advanced Network Computing Lab