[LUAU] Debian lpd print filters "HPIJ" does anyone got advice?

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Wed Feb 9 18:28:58 PST 2005

I've got a machine here that someone customized but when they installed
debian/kde they didn't include ANY printer drivers (not even postscript).
This machine is very heavily customized and I do NOT want to just
reinstall/install cups...I'm just looking for a repository that has the HPIJ
print filters for the x86 platform....

Anyone got a hint? The KDE print utils are running and I can browse in the
gui for drivers...so in theory all I need are the drivers....sooooo...."got
drivers?".

I'm trying to get it to print to an HP8150DN but in the past we've found the
standard postscript drivers wanting on this printer and would rather go with
the HPIJ print filter if possible...so far it seems to have the least number
of problems.

This would be trivial for fedora, redhat or mandrake...rpms abound for
them..but not debian...are the redhat rpms close enough in this case?

/brian chee

University of Hawaii ICS Dept
Advanced Network Computing Lab
1680 East West Road, POST rm 311