[LUAU] Non-IE bug?

pnakashi at k12.hi.us pnakashi at k12.hi.us
Tue Feb 8 17:53:13 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Rodney Kanno <pepe65 at hawaii.rr.com>
> You can find instructions for a  "temporary" fix here:
>
> http://users.tns.net/~skingery/weblog/2005/02/permanent-fix-for-
> shmoo-group-exploit.html

Thanks Rodney,
Instructions are for XP, but I found the file on my OS X box and edited it. The exploit no longer works, weee! However, your link also states

UPDATE 2/8/05 8:02 AM PST
In the comments reader lionfire mentions that this fix isn't quite permanent because compreg.dat gets updated when you install an extension. I have just confirmed this. I'm looking further into how to make this permanent. Stay tuned!

So as long as I don't install any Firefox extensions, I'm safe? Sorry, I'm a teacher, not a techie.
--Peter