[LUAU] The other shoe drops

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Tue Feb 1 19:58:17 PST 2005

I know its non-politic to reply to your own posting, but I hadn't groked
the rest of the story.

The day after OSI gets revamped (I'll be polite), the FSF responds with
"http://www.softwarefreedom.org/"

Free and Open Source Software (“FOSS”) is maturing at a rapid pace. The
FOSS production ecosystem, once dominated by a few small not-for-profit
entities and individual contributors, now includes a global array of
individuals, not-for-profit entities, and commercial developers and
redistributors. In this mixed-model organizational environment, all FOSS
developers must have an environment where liability and other legal
issues do not impede their important public service work. The Software
Freedom Law Center (SFLC) provides legal representation and other law
related services to protect and advance FOSS.

The board of directors consists of:

Eben Moglen, Chairman (and well-known as the legal arm of the FSF)

Diane M. Peters, Director (and General Counsel of OSDL)

Lawrence Lessig, Director (and... well-known :-)

Daniel J. Weitzner, Director (Director of Technology and Society
activities at W3C, also formerly of EFF, etc.)

Daniel B. Ravicher, Legal Director (Executive Director and Founder of
the Public Patent Foundation, Senior Counsel to the Free Software
Foundation (“FSF”), etc.)

My money is on the "A team".