[LUAU] Three Chances to Save the World

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Thu Dec 29 11:11:59 PST 2005

Okay, so you've only got 3 days to make up for all the bad you did this
past year.  HOSEF can help.  We have 3 opportunities for you to make
this a better world.  I *need* *YOUR* help.  We always have fun, and the
world will be rounder because of you.  Yes, YOU.

1. Computers to Cambodia

In cooperation with BYUH and the USAF, we are going to ship a pallet of
computers to Cambodia next week.  Help is needed with pickup and
installation of Linux on the Computers.

Friday - Pickup in town, deliver to McKinley
Friday - Take computers to HOSEF shop in Ewa
Saturday - Install Ubuntu on Computers in Ewa
Tuesday - BYUH picks up computers and delivers to USAF

2. TPOSSCON

You are into Linux and Free software.  Why aren't you helping or
participating in TPOSSCON?  If you know nothing, you can volunteer.  If
you know something, you can show it off in our Petting Zoo.  Pass out
cards, do business, network.  You are not being asked to pay to play.

7th - Pick up 20 P4 computers and prepare them for TPOSSCON
7th - Finish prepping remaining hands-on and petting zoo computers
8th - Deliver equipment from MCK to the Convention Center
9-12 - Help with attendees, VIDEO, Badges, participating
12th - Break down TPOSSCON, return some to MCK and the rest to PTC

3. PTC

For the second year now we will be setting up an email garden for
PlanetPTC.   IF you don't know, PTC is a conference at the Hilton that
focuses on Telecommunications

http://www.ptc06.org/

We will again be providing delegates with a Linux Email Garden.  It will
consist of 30 thin-clients.

12th - Set Up
13-17 - Tend to the Delegates.  Drink Coffee.  Have fun.  See the show
18th - Return equipment to McKinley

--scott