[LUAU] Halau Lokahi Install, September 3.

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Sat Aug 27 00:48:29 PDT 2005

Little by little a number of loyal HOSEF volunteers have been working to
prepare Halau Lokahi for the installation of a Gnu Linux Edutainment
Learning Center, aka a K12LTSP thin-client lab.  A responsible
installation does not occur overnight.  This one began back in January,
during John Terpstra's SAMBA class, when our friend Bully of the Charter
Schools caught the gnu/linux fever.

After months of building trust and interest in this Linux thing, a room
and infrastructure were developed.  Here is one of those economic
opportunities, folks, as the cabling was done by Michael and some folks
from right here in our Open Source family.  Now, with a room, tables,
and cabling in place, it is time to complete the install.

This event is scheduled for Saturday, September 3 at 9 A.M.

Thanks again to Ben Timmerman for getting equipment staged, as needed,
and to our friends at DAGS and the DOE for getting the rest of the
clients delivered this week.  As a result, the needed help on this day
is as follows:

1. Set up and connect clients
2. Prepare boot floppies, if needed.
3. Clean monitors, keyboards, etc.
4. Tidy up cables
5. Have fun
6. Overcome yet-to-be anticipated obstacles
7. Show up here

http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=145+S+Kainalu+Dr,+Kailua,+HI+96734&fc=1

--scott