[LUAU] Photos and News from Linuxworld

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Tue Aug 16 12:51:06 PDT 2005

R. Scott Belford wrote:

> I am uploading photos from Linuxworld to the HOSEF site.  Highlights
> include photos of various Chinese Linux Desktops as well as pictures
> of the esteemed Warren Togami doing a presentation at the Red Hat booth.
>
> Enjoy
>
> http://www.hosef.org/gallery/lwsf05
>
> --scott

Thanx for the photos.  I have been trying to see how AsiaLinux and
RedFlag "look like", but no one seemed to be able to locate a copy (even
in China).  It appears that Fedora has become the de facto Linux
standard distro, at least as far as the Chinese-speaking developer
communities are concerned; this has made Novell very nervous.

Despite all the recent rosy talks and an overheated economy buoyed by
the close to one trillion US dollars of cash reserve (which also
increases by more than $100B or so every six months), China is still
largely a very backward country.  Some of the things that HOSEF is
doing, could be of great interests to Chinese officials, especially with
respect to their "Go West" policy.  Again, thanks for posting those
photos.  Wayne