[LUAU] Load Average Question

Angela Kahealani angela at kahealani.com
Wed Aug 10 12:19:14 PDT 2005

On Wednesday , 2005-08-10 09:01, Matt Darnell wrote:
> Aloha,
>
> After goggling (sp?) load average I was surprised at how

Wow, you got the cool 3D-vision goggles on your system?

> controversial it is.  It also make we wonder about the CPU % we get
> from Micro$oft.

No Comment... it would be off topic... this being a Linux list...
or...
What you mean "We"? (100% MicroShaft free since 1993).

> Anyway.....If I have a server with a normal load average of ~ 0.20 &
> I load up an SMP kernel with an additional processor, should the load
> average drop to ~ 0.10 or can the load average go higher with less
> worry?
>
> Aloha, Matt

One needs to carefully analyze factors in addition to load average to
determine where in your system the bottlenecks lay. Load is related to
the number of tasks... running plus waiting... but upon what resource
are they waiting?

--
All information and transactions are non negotiable and are private
between the parties. All rights reserved without prejudice.