[LUAU] Hawaii raises a core KDE Developer

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Mon Sep 13 22:23:19 PDT 2004

I would like to share something that I just learned and that we can all
be proud of, especially the Leeward Folks.  Hawaii has raised a KDE core
developer, Aaron J. Seigo.  He recently wrote,

> i just read an article on desktoplinux.com about the HOSEF initiative and was
> quite pleased to hear about what you and the other volunteers are doing. i
> went to high school at Nanakuli High & Intermediate on the leeward coast of
> Oahu, and am now a KDE core developer. so even though i'm now living in
> Canada, reading about what you are doing struck a chord with me on two
> levels.

> in any case, best of luck with your efforts and here's to one day seeing an
> article about how the majority of public schools in Hawaii run Linux both on
> the server and the desktop

With his permission I would like to call attention to what he has been up to

> in Germany, i spoke on FreeNX (a Free Software implementation of
> http://nomachine.com's technology, in cooperation with them) and usability
> ("Micro and Macro Usability in KDE"). i'm involved in various bits of KDE
> development, including our spiffy new searching framework. but that's all
> pretty hardcore-developer-centric
>
> at LinuxFest i gave three talks: What's New in KDE 3.2 (KDE from the user's
> perspective, including sneak previews of the now-release 3.3), Deploying KDE
> (which covered topics such as locking down /managing the desktop via KDE
> Kiosk) and Developing With KDE (aimed at third party developers). note that i
> gave all three presentations on the same day, so i'm pretty resilient
>
> topically i'm pretty flexible, as you can see. based on the demographics of
> the audience you expect to be in attendance and the rest of the speaking
> schedule, i'm sure i can come up with something appropriate.

Pretty impressive, huh?  Shout out to the Leeward Coast. :-)

--scott

--
R. Scott Belford
Founder/Director