[LUAU] OSS in Hawaii Government

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Fri Sep 10 21:15:18 PDT 2004

IMNHSO, the key issue is not what OSS our state gov is using, but that
our e-Gov implementers are willing to take time to make sure that their
end-users can have an OS-neutral environment, at least with regard to
the downloadable pdf forms.

I am having a lot of problems printing the pdf forms downloaded from the
federal IRS.  I thought I was able to completely do away from Microsoft
Windows until I ran into this problem.  It is ashamed that our federal
government can be so blatant in willing to protect the Microsoft
monopoly, but any suggestions to overcome this problem will be very much
appreciated.  wayne