[LUAU] Thumbdrive mess...

Tom_Gordon/RISE/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us Tom_Gordon/RISE/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us
Tue Oct 5 09:26:53 PDT 2004

remove kudzu from the options to make it not managed by updfstab and thus
hotplug.

Tom

Ben Beeson <bwbees0 at charter.net>
Sent by: luau-bounces at lists.hosef.org
10/04/2004 06:19 PM
Please respond to LUAU

        To:     LUAU <LUAU at lists.hosef.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        [LUAU] Thumbdrive mess...

Aloha,

                 I'm running FC2 and am trying to get my thumbdrive (a
Verbatim 512 MB
USB drive) to continue to work.   I have tried adding a line to
/etc/fstab like:

/dev/sdd   /mnt/usbdrive    auto    noauto,user,kudzu,rw 0 0

which works fine until you unmount the thumbdrive and then try to
remount it.  Somehow, the /etc/fstab file gets overwritten and that new
line just doesn't stay. This means I get vim my /etc/fstab everytime I
want to use the thumbdrive.  Didn't have this trouble before I
upgraded....  I'm sure it's something simple, but I can't see it.  Any
ideas on how to make that change stick???

Mahalos in advance,

Ben