[LUAU] Thumbdrive mess...

Ben Beeson bwbees0 at charter.net
Mon Oct 4 21:19:56 PDT 2004

Aloha,

	I'm running FC2 and am trying to get my thumbdrive (a Verbatim 512 MB
USB drive) to continue to work.   I have tried adding a line to
/etc/fstab like:

/dev/sdd   /mnt/usbdrive    auto    noauto,user,kudzu,rw 0 0

which works fine until you unmount the thumbdrive and then try to
remount it.  Somehow, the /etc/fstab file gets overwritten and that new
line just doesn't stay. This means I get vim my /etc/fstab everytime I
want to use the thumbdrive.  Didn't have this trouble before I
upgraded....  I'm sure it's something simple, but I can't see it.  Any
ideas on how to make that change stick???

Mahalos in advance,

Ben